Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Add to iTunes as Spoken Track (OSStatus error -1743.)

Add to iTunes as Spoken Track (OSStatus error -1743.)




Add spoken track to iTunes (macOS Mojave)


macOS text to speech


You can highlight a text in macOS application (eg. Safari, Text Edit), convert the text to audio and add it to iTunes:

Safari > Services > Add to iTunes as a Spoken Track
or
Right click > Services > Add to iTunes as a Spoken Track

If you don't get the services, enable it in System Preferences:



Enable add to iTunes as a Spoken Track

System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services > Text (x) Add to iTunes as a Spoken Track

“Import Audio Files” error: (OSStatus error -1743.)


I am getting an error, every time I try to convert the text to speech in preview application:

The action “Import Audio Files” encountered an error: “The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -1743.)”

I know why I am getting this, because I choose "Don't Allow" when I choose text to iTunes audio track when I first use the function.



I choose "Don't Allow", but I want to change it later.

Now I want to use the text to iTunes audio track, I need to enable it. It takes me some time to get it back. It is here:



Allow Preview application to access iTunes

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Automation > Preview (x) iTunes.

Now I can add audio track to iTunes from Preview application, without the error.

No comments: