Thursday, November 26, 2020

U Mobile Free 1Gb High-Speed Data COVID-19

U Mobile Free 1Gb High-Speed Data COVID-19

Government/MCMC requested all mobile networks to provide 1Gb of mobile data to all users free of charge during COVID-19 period, until the end of December 2020.

There are 2 things I want to talk about regarding the free 1Gb high-speed data availability for the U Mobile network. I received an SMS today from U Mobile, they required the users to claim the free 1Gb through U Mobile App, just like what Maxis are doing. This was required starting from 26 November 2020. (refer here)

Currently the free 1Gb data will be credited to the U Mobile network users account automatically. I give U mobile a LIKE for this feature (after compare with Maxis). Too bad, U Mobile now joined Maxis move.

I can understand that mobile network operators encourage all users to use their mobile app, but not all users are familiar with the app especially the seniors. If the mobile app is easy to use, for sure more people will use it. Why make it so difficult for the users to do an extra step everyday?

The other thing that I want to complain about is the priority using the mobile network data. I have my monthly quota and the free 1Gb data everyday. The system should use the high-speed data that expires daily as priority, rather than using my monthly data. It makes no sense for the free 1Gb high-speed data.

No comments: