Wednesday, July 08, 2020

Canon CanoScan LiDE Scanner

Canon CanoScan LiDE 20 Scanner



I get a Canon scanner from a friend. It is a very old scanner, but still working. It is a model CanoScan LiDE 20. You can check the specs from CNET here.

When I plugin to my Mac OS X system, it doesn't work, the system is unable to detect the scanner. It is working if you use the VueScan software.

I read from the web, install the Sane software may works. From the supported device lists. The CanoScan LiDE 20 or 30 are supported. (here).

The Sane is an open source project. For Mac package, you can download from http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/. Too bad I still can't get it works on my Mac system.

Luckily it works on my Linux system, just plug and play!

Just found a CD for the scanner, will try it next time. If you are having the same problem like me, may be you can try the driver from Canon website.

Another software available from CNET Download, here.

No comments: