Wednesday, July 01, 2020

macOS Switch Input Method With Splash Display

macOS Switch Input Method With Splash Display



This has been bodering me for awhile after I upgraded to macOS Mojave 10.14. The splash display to show different input method is not there anymore.

I like the the splash display to show all the input methods at the center of the display, is large and clear. I don't have to move my eyes to see which input method that I am using now on the menubar, and I can switch between English and Chinese input method easily.

I keep thinking it was a feature included in the third party Chinese Input method that I installed previously, but I can't remember what is the name of the Chinese Input software. Finally I found it, it is Open Vanilla (https://openvanilla.org).

I am still unable to get the splash display to change the input method, even after I installed the Open Vanilla.

Seems like the feature is not from the Open Vanilla. Just enable "Select the previous input source" from Keyboard Shortcut:

macOS > System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts (tab) > Input Sources > (x) "Select the previous input source"


Not I can switch between English and Chinese Input easily.

No comments: