Friday, September 23, 2005

Palm ppp to os x

palmSpending few hours of trying and trying, finally I am able to connect my Palm PDA to the internet through OS X system, using the usb-serial cable. I follow the macoshints website, setup a pppd on os x, but it always give me a DNS error on palm. I miss out ms-dns option in the pppd script.

Later I try to connect ICQ and GoogleTalk using ICQ for palm and jabberpalm, but no luck. I can't connect using both of the palm client, is already 4am in the morning, so will try next time.

I am able to connect to the mobile version of yahoo mail. wap for yahoo. (Sony Ericsson T610 can direct connect to this yahoo wap site) google pda.

I should blog the method for palm connect to the internet through serial and pppd script, on both windows and os x platform.

1 comment:

Maggs said...

October Grand Opening of NYCity Jewelry,an online fine jewelry store We have a consulting GIA jeweler to answer your questions. Christmas shop with us for Bride's jewelry or any other fine jewelry gift. Our prices are well below retail. We will ship to the US, Canada, and European Union.