Thursday, December 23, 2010

HTC Desire HD and Nexus S


Went to Digi shop to check out the availability of HTC Desire HD mobile phone with a friend, is out of stock.

The top range of Android phone available on the market now will be Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire HD and may be Nexus S.

HTC Desire HD use Snapdragon CPU, but Galaxy S and Nexus S is using ARM Cortex A8. Nexus S is manufactured by Samsung, the specification is quite close to Samsung Galaxy S.

I just check the specification of these 3 phones. I will prefer to own Nexus S, which is no sign that it will be available here anytime soon.

Why Nexus S? Super AMOLED, latest Android OS version 2.3 (Gingerbread), it even has gyroscope. It has a 1 GHz CPU which similar with iPhone 4. Both are ARM Cortex A8 base, with PowerVR GPU.

I have not much experience with Android smartphone, so don't take my preference on Nexus S seriously. I heard is available at US and UK only.

I don't really think that the hardware specs does matter, especially for software developer.

No comments: